Dynasty Warriors 6
Dynasty Warriors 6 (abbreviated to DW6) is a hack & slash legacy developed by KOEI.
Dynasty Warriors 6 is the next in the superb series of Dynasty Warriors games based on the novel, The Romance of the Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong. The novel and game are based in the 2nd and 3rd centuries. Take command of a regional army, Su, Wu, Wei, Dong Zhuo's forces, Nanman forces and others, and fight against your enemies to control China. This game will vary greatly from past games in the series. In this one the player will be able to make their character swim, climb, and destroy walls, plus be able to pull off "unlimited combos" with the use of the new "renbu" system.
With this being the first game on the next-gen systems, Koei decided to take a new route, and changed many parts of the game...
Dynasty Warriors 6 got rid of the stat increasing method of yore (i.e. the older games) and replaced with with a new 'leveling' system by which the characters gain EXP for every 'Target' that is reached, and for every enemy officer defeated (though you have to physically collect the pouch which contains the EXP).
There are primarily 4 types of pouches which can be dropped:
- 10 EXP
- 50 EXP
- 100 EXP
- 200 EXP
The harder the foe, the more EXP they will drop. You can also increase the drop rate of EXP (and better the drop) by defeating an officer whilst using a Tome...
 New Features
- Tactical action: Developed from the ground up exclusively for next-generation platforms, the breakthrough proprietary engine re-invents the tactical action experience and delivers the most chaotic and challenging battles to date.
- Realistic characters and fighting moves: Celebrated characters are completely re-designed with new weapons. Fighting techniques motion-captured from some of Asia's leading stunt performers create the fluid look and feel of a modern kung fu action film. The new skill map feature allows players to determine how a character develops, and the new Renbu attack system allows players to perform devastating combos and dazzling cinematic fighting moves.
- Interactive environments: Swim, climb, and use the landscape to elude the hordes of soldiers swarming the battlefield. Climb atop fortress walls and jump into the middle of a crowded camp for a surprise assault, then escape on horseback to retreat to safety.
- Challenging objectives: Innovative and unpredictable tactical action objectives blend seamlessly with fast and intuitive melee combat. Storm battlefield strongholds by destroying massive gates, go on missions to destroy enemy weapons, and defend allied military units from assault.
- Dynamic A.I.: Enemy unit A.I. adapts to player combat tactics, and can track players with tigers on land and patrol boats on water.
- Co-op play: Partner with a friend in two-player co-operative offline gameplay and charge the battlefield as a team.
 International release dates
- Europe: Mar 07, 08
- Japan: Nov 11, 07
- Australia: Mar 07, 08
- Dynasty Warriors Series at Neoseeker
- Dynasty Warriors 6 (PlayStation 3) at Neoseeker
- Dynasty Warriors 6 (Xbox 360) at Neoseeker
- Dynasty Warriors 6 at GameGrep
Related ThreadsDynasty Warriors 6 Popcorn Story 1 - last post by @ Mar 20, 2008
Neoseeker reviews Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires - last post by @ Jun 27, 2009
Neoseeker reviews Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires - last post by @ Jul 12, 2009
dynasty warriors 6 empires + warriors orochi - last post by @ Mar 20, 2009
dynasty warriors 6 empires xbox 360 - last post by @ Mar 20, 2009