Dynasty Warriors 6
Dynasty Warriors 6 (abbreviated to DW6) is a hack & slash legacy developed by KOEI.
Dynasty Warriors 6 is the next in the superb series of Dynasty Warriors games based on the novel, The Romance of the Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong. The novel and game are based in the 1500's. Take command of a regional army, Su, Wu, Wei, Dong Zhuo's forces, Nanman forces and others, and fight against your enemies to control China. This game will vary greatly from past games in the series. In this one the player will be able to make their character swim, climb, and destroy walls, plus be able to pull off "unlimited combos" with the use of the new "renbu" system.
With this being the first game on the next-gen systems, Koei decided to take a new route, and changed many parts of the game...
Dynasty Warriors 6 got rid of the stat increasing method of yore (i.e. the older games) and replaced with with a new 'levelling' system by which the characters gain EXP for every 'Target' that is reached, and for every enemy officer defeated (though you have to physically collect the pouch which contains the EXP).
There are primarily 4 types of pouches which can be dropped:
- 10 EXP
- 50 EXP
- 100 EXP
- 200 EXP
The harder the foe, the more EXP they will drop. You can also increase the drop rate of EXP (and better the drop) by defeating an officer whilst using a Tome...
Special Attack / Tomes
Replacing the Musou rage tokens from Dynasty Warriors 5, Dynasty Warriors 6 incorporates a new type of item that the player can pick up on the battlefield. These special attack tokens called Tomes can be withheld and activated at any moment by pressing L2, unleashing a character-specific unique temporary attack. The special attacks are divided into only five categories for the 41 characters.
Description: Your Renbu Rank will turn infinite and enemy attacks will be less likely to have an effect on you.
Optimum Conditions & Additional Effects: If used when your Life Gauge is in the red, you will become even more poweful.
Description: Attack the enemies surrounding you with a volley of arrows.
Optimum Conditions & Additional Effects: If you use it against enemy archers, then you will defeat them in one blow.
Description: Your character's speed will increase, allowing you to use powerful attacks while dashing.
Optimum Conditions & Additional Effects: If used when mounted on a horse, then your steed will burst forth with incredible speed. (You can also mount a horse while using this skill)
Description: Bring down rocks around you, depleting the life of the enemies hit by the rocks.
Optimum Conditions & Additional Effects: If used at the top of a slope, then the rocks will roll down the slope, causing damage to even more enemies.
Description: Start a fire around you, depleting the life of the enemy.
Optimum Conditions & Additional Effects: If used within a base, then the base will be engulfed in flame and deplete the life of even more enemies.
The newly introduced combo system, Renbu, allows players to connect together an unlimited amount of attacks! Quick attacks, a powerful attack, and an avoiding attack.
- The gauge and rank - The gauge and Renbu rank are displayed in the bottom left corner. The gauge corresponds to the gauge itself, and the number corresponds with the guage as well. The Renbu ranks up when the gauge becomes full, which can be done by attacking the enemies.
- The relationship between the number of Renbu and the Renbu gauge itself - The number displayed is the number of Renbu. This number shows how many times the player has continuously fought the opponents. Bearing in mind, the higher the number, the quicker it will rise. Making the number rank up even further.
- The basic style of Renbu - Attacking the enemies fiercely with a strong attack will make the gauge decrease. The recommended style of play is to attack the enemy without stopping. How you will do this is by forcing the enemy attacks to a halt and by using the avoiding technique, allowing you to progress without receiving damage.
- Additional Information - There is a limit at the start, and that is the number 2. The rank will rise as your progress through the game using that character as you unlock certain nodes on their Skill Trees. There is also an item called the 'infinite renbu' which gives you an infinite renbu (max level) for 30 seconds during which time your attacks are a lot more powerful.
- Tactical action: Developed from the ground up exclusively for next-generation platforms, the breakthrough proprietary engine re-invents the tactical action experience and delivers the most chaotic and challenging battles to date.
- Realistic characters and fighting moves: Celebrated characters are completely re-designed with new weapons. Fighting techniques motion-captured from some of Asia's leading stunt performers create the fluid look and feel of a modern kung-fu action film. The new skill map feature allows players to determine how a character develops, and the new Renbu attack system allows players to perform devastating combos and dazzling cinematic fighting moves.
- Interactive environments: Swim, climb, and use the landscape to elude the hordes of soldiers swarming the battlefield. Climb atop fortress walls and jump into the middle of a crowded camp for a surprise assault, then escape on horseback to retreat to safety.
- Challenging objectives: Innovative and unpredictable tactical action objectives blend seamlessly with fast and intuitive melee combat. Storm battlefield strongholds by destroying massive gates, go on missions to destroy enemy weapons, and defend allied military units from assault.
- Dynamic A.I.: Enemy unit A.I. adapts to player combat tactics, and can track players with tigers on land and patrol boats on water.
- Co-op play: Partner with a friend in two-player co-operative offline gameplay and charge the battlefield as a team.
International release dates
- Europe: Mar 07, 08
- Japan: Nov 11, 07
- Australia: Mar 07, 08
- Dynasty Warriors Series at Neoseeker
- Dynasty Warriors 6 (PlayStation 3) at Neoseeker
- Dynasty Warriors 6 (Xbox 360) at Neoseeker
- Dynasty Warriors 6 at GameGrep
Related ThreadsDynasty Warriors 6 Popcorn Story 1 - last post by @ Mar 20, 2008
Neoseeker reviews Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires - last post by @ Jun 27, 2009
Neoseeker reviews Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires - last post by @ Jul 12, 2009
dynasty warriors 6 empires + warriors orochi - last post by @ Mar 20, 2009
dynasty warriors 6 empires xbox 360 - last post by @ Mar 20, 2009