Samurai Warriors 2
Revision as of 10:46, 10 July 2008 by SadXuHuang
Samurai Warriors 2 (abbreviated to SW2) is a hack & slash legacy developed by KOEI.
It wouldn't be much of a sequel if it didn't include some mighty upgrades! Here are some of the new features listed below:
- Bid farewell to now uplayable Kunoichi, Goemon Ishikawa, and Yoshimoto Imagawa. They are gone for this sequel.
- Say hello to the 10 new characters: Ginchiyo Tachibana, Ieyasu Tokugawa, Kanetsugu Naoe, Kotaro Fuma, Mitsunari Ishida, Nagamasa Azai, Nene, Sakon Shima, Yoshihiro Shimazu, Musashi Miyamoto
- Musou bar is now a three tier system of ranging strengths, and gamers also can perform a Double Musou Attack with their bodyguards.
- There is a general shop in this game where you can buy: Weapon upgrades, Horses, Skills, and Bodyguards
- 15 kinds of horses
- Personal bodyguard system like Dynasty Warriors 5, but with 54 predetermined bodyguards to collect.
- Gain skills by either levelling up the character, buying it at the general shop, or stealing it from enemy officers
- Ranged attack with bow and arrow has been discontinued. R1 has been repurposed to be used in combination with square or triangle for special moves.
- Moveset variety. Characters will have one of these three styles for their movesets: Normal type: Ability to do C8 (8 triangle) attacks and 12 basic (square) combos, but the charges are singular. (i.e. SSSSSSST) Charge type: Ability to do 3 sequential charges, but only up to C4 & 8-square combo (eg. SSSTTT) Special Attack type: 8-square combo, C4 with 2 continual charge (eg. SSSTT), able to have continued special attacks (eg. [R1+S]x3)
- Starting characters roster: Yukimura Sanada, Mitsuhide Akechi, Oichi, Ieyasu Tokugawa, Mitsunari Ishida, Ginchiyo Tachibana, and Kotaro Fuma.
- Whereas Samurai Warriors 1 concentrated on Nobunaga Oda, the sequel's focus will be the famous end-all Battle of Sekigahara.
- Also some stages - No more Okehazama, Ise-Nagashima, and Inabayama Castle - have been taken out to give the game a more historical feel.
- There is no more Create A Warrior Mode.
- Newly enriched Encyclopedia mode
- Horse durability meter (for being dismounted) returns.
- Alternate Costumes are no longer to be found in this game, as each character will only have one costume throughout the entire game.
- And of course, new stages and brighter, better graphics!
- Samurai Warriors Series at Neoseeker
- Samurai Warriors 2 (PlayStation 2) at Neoseeker
- Samurai Warriors 2 (Xbox 360) at Neoseeker
- Samurai Warriors 2 at GameGrep
Related ThreadsWarriors Orochi Game VR 2: Deafeating Orochi - last post by @ Jul 22, 2009
DW5 XL or Samurai Warriors ? :P - last post by @ Apr 4, 2008
Wondering about Musou Orochi 2 come to my city - last post by @ Apr 29, 2008
DW5 Graphics Request V 2.0 - last post by @ May 24, 2006
Samurai Warriors 2 - last post by @ Aug 7, 2006