Warriors Orochi 2
(Difference between revisions)
m (Added Neo Tabs)
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
Latest revision as of 06:07, 14 February 2009
Warriors Orochi 2 (abbreviated to WO2) is a hack & slash legacy developed by KOEI. A crossover series that blends both worlds of Samurai Warriors and Dynasty Warriors franchises, WO2 introduces a supernatural spin of mythic fiction to the traditionally historical game series.
Shattering time and space, the venomous Serpent King Orochi kidnapped the Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors in a scheme to test his might. The heroes eventually defeated Orochi and his menacing army. While the slain Orochi lies in the netherworld, a mysterious alliance is hatching an otherworldly plan so that the Serpent King may rise again. Now a new group of warriors must join forces with history’s finest in an effort to stop this evil resurrection. -- (excerpted from an official Koei press release)
The gameplay is the same of the prequel, with some new features: Team Assist: when you are attacked one of the resting teammates will strike the enemies.
Strategies: similiar to the Abilities, fulfilling certain requirements during the battle will allow you to use a strategy, there are four different strategies, that gives a bonus to your army: Shield: increases commander's defense. Face Off: allied officers take less damage from enemy officers Dance: refills the life gauges of you'r army's officers Command: increase allied army's morale
Triple Attack: all the team members perform a devastating combo togather
 Story Mode
Although Warriors Orochi 2 takes place after the events of the original game, part of Story mode offers a glimpse of Orochi's rise to power with a new Orochi storyline that follows events of the prequel. There are five storylines to follow: Shu, Wei, Wu, Samurai, and Orochi forces.
 Dream Mode
Twenty-eight individual scenarios that focus on defined trios (player must play as the preset team) pursuing events separate of Story mode. For instance, Ma Chao, Nagamasa Azai, and Kanetsugu Naoe are at Nan Zhong making a fuss about justice and honor.
 Versus Mode
Versus mode has four separate modes:
- Tag Team - A return to one-on-one combat of the original Dynasty Warriors, teams of three swap places to defeat the competition
- Elimination - A return to one-on-one combat of the original Dynasty Warriors, only one warrior against another
- Steeple Chase: horse racing in a Mario-kart type fashion that features random item pickups that can be used in offensive and defensive measures
- Competitive Mode: Two players accompanied by allied troops are placed on a limited area and set to eliminate each other's forces within the time limit
 Survival mode
The player versus computer version of Tag Team in which the player's trio must fight random teams of enemies as long as they can in an infinite range.
 New Features
- Six new modes: Dream, Tag Team, Elimination, Steeple Chase, Competitive, and Survival
- Thirteen new characters
- Twenty new stages
- Nearly 70+ new scenarios
Complete with all the stages from Warriors Orochi returning, WO2 adds twenty new stages to the adventure, borrowing heavily from recent Xtreme Legends iterations.
 Stages from Dynasty Warriors 5: Xtreme Legends
- Chang Sha
- Han Shui
- Ji Castle
- Jia Meng Gate
- Lou Sang Village
- Mai Castle
- Mt. Kunlun
- Mt. Qi
- Nan Zhong
- Ru Xu Kou
- Shi Province
- Shi Ting
- Yan Province
- Yang Ping Gate
 Stages from Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends
 Stages completely new
- Fire River
- Wuhang Mountains
With seventy-nine characters established in the previous game, Warriors Orochi, WO2 pushes the roster to ninety-two with thirteen more characters.
 New Characters
- Fu Xi - Chinese god. Returning from Dynasty Warriors 3.
- Gracia - Mitsuhide Akechi's wandering daughter and Magoichi Saika's pal. Introduced in SW2:XL.
- Himiko - Japanese shaman queen from the Three Kingdoms era, ally of Wei.
- Katsuie Shibata - Rough-edged and loyal Oda retainer. Introduced in SW2:XL.
- Kiyomori Taira - samurai rival of the Minamoto clan from 11th century Japan.
- Kojiro Sasaki - Eccentric swordsman and Musashi Miyamoto rival. Introduced in SW2:XL.
- Motochika Chosokabe - Melancholy and fame-obsessed daimyo of Kyushu. Introduced in SW2:XL.
- Nu Wa - Chinese goddess. Returning from Dynasty Warriors 3.
- Shin Orochi - Orochi's true form. Counted as another character since he has a new moveset compared to normal Orochi.
- Sun Wukong - mischievious monkey king of lore, indebted to Kiyomori Taira for freeing him from captivity.
- Taigong Wang - wiseman from ancient China and advisor to Emperor Zhou
- Toshiie Maeda - Shibata-trained Oda retainer. Introduced in SW2:XL.
- Yoshitsune Minamoto - samurai rival of the Taira clan from 11th century Japan.
 All Characters
With a whopping 92 characters on the roster it is important to know who is where. Having no kingdoms to easily delineate the Samurai Warriors, they have been divided into three sections. The Other category has been split into the DW Others in one tier and all the other miscellaneous characters in the other. It appears all characters are ordered in the chronological manner of their debut appearances (e.g. Zhao Yun has been in every game since the beginning so he's first for Shu while Xing Cai is last since she came in DW5).
|Shu||Wei||Wu||Other||Other 2||SW 1||SW 2||SW 3|
- Dynasty Warriors Series at Neoseeker
- Samurai Warriors Series at Neoseeker
- Warriors Orochi 2 (PlayStation 2) at Neoseeker
- Warriors Orochi 2 at GameGrep
Related ThreadsWarriors Orochi Game VR 2: Deafeating Orochi - last post by @ Jul 22, 2009
Warriors Orochi 2 (Link to Neoseeker Forum on Pg. 11) - last post by @ Feb 16, 2008
Warriors Orochi 2 Available for Pre-order in the UK! - last post by @ Sep 19, 2008
Warriors Orochi 2 Released in Japan! - last post by @ May 7, 2008
Wondering about Musou Orochi 2 come to my city - last post by @ Apr 29, 2008