Dynasty Warriors 6: Special (abbreviated to DW6:S) is a hack & slash legacy developed by KOEI.
A port to the Playstation 2, DW6:S surprised many when it made the leap backwards from the impressive power of Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 systems. Defying logic, the game contains all of its next-gen ilk's features with the addition of six new character stories and a handful of stages. Of course, the trade comes at a price: severely reduced graphics and the inability to swim.
 New Features
- Six previously free-mode-only characters are given unique move-sets and story modes
- Five new stages
- Ten new scenarios
- Close to fifty plus minutes of cut-scenes
 Fixed Characters
Dynasty Warriors 6, plagued with cloned move-sets coupled with derivative and uninspired weapons, is fixed partially with DW6:S's revision of six characters. The following characters have new weapons (compared to their DW6 set), new attack patterns, and full-story campaign modes to participate in.
- Cao Pi - from generic sword to longsword.
- Ling Tong - from spear to sanjiegun.
- Ma Chao - from spear to giant sword.
- Taishi Ci - from spear to return of dual rods.
- Yue Ying - from long bow to arm-mounted crossbow.
- Zhang He - from spear to return of claws.
- Dynasty Warriors Series at Neoseeker
- Dynasty Warriors 6: Special (PlayStation 2) at Neoseeker
- Dynasty Warriors 6: Special at GameGrep