Samurai Warriors 2
Samurai Warriors 2 (abbreviated to SW2) is a hack & slash legacy developed by KOEI.
Some modes from Samurai Warriors such as Create-A-Warrior and Versus Mode are not in SW2.
 Story Mode
Story Mode centers around the specified character's travels throughout history. The focus of this mode is on the Battle of Sekigahara and later events of the Sengoku period compared to the previous SW. Only 24 characters are playable, many of the new characters getting the spotlight have many stages while series veterans like Kenshin Uesugi and Shingen Takeda are reduced to a few. Ranmaru Mori and Okuni ae the only warriors without storylines.
 Free Mode
Most stages and all characters are available in any combination. Stages are neutralized and lack specified story events found in some Story Modes. Dream Stages and other heavily-story influenced stages can only be found in Story Mode. Ranmaru Mori and Okuni are available.
- Main Article: Suguroku
A game that plays like a Risk/Monopoly with up to 4 players competing to travel around Japan trying to collect flags and property. Disputes over property result in mini-games. The first player to collect the set amount of gold is the winner.
 New Features
It wouldn't be much of a sequel if it didn't include some mighty upgrades! Here are some of the new features listed below:
- Bid farewell to now uplayable Kunoichi, Goemon Ishikawa, and Yoshimoto Imagawa. They are gone for this sequel.
- Say hello to the 10 new characters: Ginchiyo Tachibana, Ieyasu Tokugawa, Kanetsugu Naoe, Kotaro Fuma, Mitsunari Ishida, Nagamasa Azai, Nene, Sakon Shima, Yoshihiro Shimazu, Musashi Miyamoto
- Musou bar is now a three tier system of ranging strengths, and gamers also can perform a Double Musou Attack with their bodyguards.
- There is a general shop in this game where you can buy: Weapon upgrades, Horses, Skills, and Bodyguards
- 15 kinds of horses
- Personal bodyguard system like Dynasty Warriors 5, but with 54 predetermined bodyguards to collect.
- Gain skills by either levelling up the character, buying it at the general shop, or stealing it from enemy officers
- Ranged attack with bow and arrow has been discontinued. R1 has been repurposed to be used in combination with square or triangle for special moves.
- Moveset variety. Characters will have one of these three styles for their movesets: Normal type: Ability to do C8 (8 triangle) attacks and 12 basic (square) combos, but the charges are singular. (i.e. SSSSSSST) Charge type: Ability to do 3 sequential charges, but only up to C4 & 8-square combo (eg. SSSTTT) Special Attack type: 8-square combo, C4 with 2 continual charge (eg. SSSTT), able to have continued special attacks (eg. [R1+Tx3)
- Starting characters roster: Yukimura Sanada, Mitsuhide Akechi, Oichi, Ieyasu Tokugawa, Mitsunari Ishida, Ginchiyo Tachibana, and Kotaro Fuma.
- Whereas Samurai Warriors 1 concentrated on Nobunaga Oda, the sequel's focus will be the famous end-all Battle of Sekigahara.
- Also some stages - No more Okehazama, Ise-Nagashima, and Inabayama Castle - have been taken out to give the game a more historical feel.
- There is no more Create A Warrior Mode.
- Newly enriched Encyclopedia mode
- Horse durability meter (for being dismounted) returns.
- Alternate Costumes are no longer to be found in this game, as each character will only have one costume throughout the entire game.
- And of course, new stages and brighter, better graphics!
- Samurai Warriors Series at Neoseeker
- Samurai Warriors 2 (PlayStation 2) at Neoseeker
- Samurai Warriors 2 (Xbox 360) at Neoseeker
- Samurai Warriors 2 at GameGrep
Related ThreadsSamurai Warriors - last post by @ Feb 16, 2004
DW5 XL or Samurai Warriors ? :P - last post by @ Apr 4, 2008
Samurai/ ninja - last post by @ Sep 1, 2006
Dynasty Warriors, or Samurai Warriors? - last post by @ Aug 25, 2004
Samurai?? - last post by @ May 1, 2003